Saturday, September 13, 2008

Mainstream Rap Music

Mainstream Rap Rant
by Crazy K

So let's talk about mainstream Rap music, or hip-hop, or whatever the hell you like to call it. I have a simple question for you all viewing this blog. Why do you listen to mainstream rap music if you do at all? What about it makes you enjoy it so much?

To me, modern radio rap , or anything associated with it, usually is crap; I mean who's so lazy, that they have to make up fake words to rhyme with real ones? I just don't understand how someone can listen to such un-talented crap. I'm not saying all rap is shitty, I'm sure there are plenty of old-school and underground rappers who can at least formulate a real rhyme with a catchy tune, but what the hell happened to popular rap these days?

Another thing that pisses me off, why the hell is Lil Wayne considered the best rapper today? Are you kidding me? Have you heard him rap? Wow, seriously he sounds like someone stuck a pipe up his ass. He screeches whenever he raps, it's like going to an Opera show, but this show has no talent. Come on now guys, listen to someone who can at least rap,rhyme well, or something. Now let's speak of the VMA's. Yes I watched it sadly. And I heard Lil Wayne try to have a duet with Kid Rock (of all people right?) and oh my does he suck. You know what? I seriously believe I could do a better job at rapping than him, but Wow!

Here's a video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY_RUKCQxJs

Anyways, that's enough about Lil Wayne.

Alright, back to the subject at hand. Please people, try to listen to the lyrics, and the vocals. When you say someones good, at least try to prove to us all. Because when you buy their album, it only shows to us that you think they're really good at what they do; I mean, how can someone like Lil Wayne (lol) sell so many albums? You'd expect someone with talent to sell so many albums? Right? I guess not, since so many seem to love talentless douches like Lil Wayne, 50 Cent, T.I., and so on. At least have a good style and catchy lyrics and beats to keep people interested, otherwise the only people you're interesting are a bunch of uneducated kids who are too easily amused.

lol END RANT.

Oh, and Kanye West is over-rated and a whiny bitch too.