Friday, September 12, 2008

Pretty. Odd. Review, by The Liztress

Pretty. Odd.
Panic at the Disco
Fueled By Ramen

This is the second album released by Panic at the Disco. It came out on March 25, 2008 and falls under the Alternative rock, Baroque pop, and psychedelic rock genres. Consisting of 15 songs on it's track (and 3 extra bonus tracks which are remixes of songs on the main tracklist), each song has a different sound to it. In fact, the album sounds a lot different from the first one A Fever You Can't Sweat Out. Some fans looked at this as a bad thing becuase they loved the unique beats Fever had and were afraid of the band changing how they sound but PatD make We're So Straving available on their website and MySpace page before the release date, a song that addressed their concerned fans, saying "You don't have to worry..." I know a lot of people aren't a fan of their music and they have been labeled as an emo band, but I think this album is well performed and is, by far, a cut above their first album. I also don't consider them to be emo as they don't sing about things I would stereotype emo bands to sing. Its light sounds and catchy beats are good for those who like music that was done by bands like the Beatles. In fact, the Beatles were an inspiration for the group. It's a little hard for me to really say how I feel about this album and why I think everyone should listen to it because of how different people's tastes are. I love this album and the band. I do think everyone should at least listen to some of their songs, especially if you were a fan of the Beatles. If I was to give this album a rating, I'd go with 4/5.

1 comment:

Weatherman Wiki said...

People who say they are emo have no idea what emo actually is. Patd isnt even neo emo, they are neo punk. Anyway, great review.