Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Atele Devotate interview by LoC

Kat or Atele Devotate as she is known at Fallen Knights Refuge is a well known and respected member at a number of different forums, including Fallen Knights Refuge most importantly. The Following is an interview I have conducted with Kat recently, and I hope that you enjoy it! As usual, this will be broken down into sections for easier reading.

General Information:

LoC : anyway, let's start off with the basics. How are you today Kat?

Kat: I'm doing well, a bit tired though. I only got 6 hours of sleep.

LoC : yeah, something like 4-5 hours myself.

Kat: That's brutal.

LoC : I went to bed around 4 A.M, and was out of bed around 9 AM. Anyway , tell us a bit about yourself!

LoC: you know, your favorite games,movies etc. your hobbies, etc.

Kat: Well, I'm 20. I spend probably most of the day online, the other part of the day spending time with Chris. I would go into my favorite movies and games, but that might take a while.
Let's just say, I love any movie with Johnny Depp or Brad Pitt in it, and I'm mostly addicted to any Mario game that comes out.

LoC : Good answers, and Johnny Depp has a good track-record for films! Do you
have any particular favorite game series or music albums you like? You could name off a few, doesn't have to be everything if you don't want . Also, any favorite genre of movies?

Kat: Well, for games, I love the Super Mario series, along with Sonic, and most of the Final Fantasy games. The Grand Theft Auto series is extremely fun too.

LoC: Mario is cool, Sonic sucked after Genesis, first 6 Final Fantasy games ruled,
and GTA got boring after II. All in my opinion anyway,but thanks for sharing your opinions as well. Any others to add?

Kat: Well, instead of albums, because they usually skip my mind, I'll just list my top five favorite bands: Fall Out Boy, Panic At The Disco, Venom, Gamma Ray, and Dragonforce. As for
movie genres, I usually enjoy comedy and romance films the most, with horror following second.

LoC: Venom and Gamma Ray are awesome, and DF is tolerable in small doses.PaTD and Fall Out Boy aren't my bag at all though. Anyway let's move on to questions about the forum and Fanzine.

Kat: Alright.

Fallen Knights Refuge:

LoC : How did you first discover Fallen Knights Refuge?

Kat: Well, over at Chaos Refuge(the precursor of Fallen Knights Refuge), LoC mentioned how he wanted to make a different forum for posting and make Chaos Refuge into an RP forum. After making the new forum, I quickly joined it as well.

LoC: And then shortly afterwards, Chaos Refuge was more or less killed or
succeeded by Fallen Knights Refuge. Still do wanna have an RP at FKR though!

Kat: I would enjoy it if we did have one.

LoC: yeah, a lot of people seem interested so I think we'll do it eventually. Anyway, how are you
enjoying your time at FKR?

Kat: Well, if I didn't enjoy it, I wouldn't have recommended Drew join, lol. But really, I like it. The people there are extremely friendly, and even though I've known most of them from
WF, a lot I didn't know, and I enjoy posting with them. Even Kiwi.

LoC: I like the crowd we have at FKR, and i've known many of them for quite a
long time now. So yeah...I agree. So,what are your favorite
and least favorite parts about the forum, and do you have any ideas on how to make it even better?

Kat: My favorite part about the forum is how easily everyone posts together. They just post as if they've known each other for years, and I like that. I also love the Army thing and the
arcade. Anyway, I really don't have any problems with FKR, minus the lack of posting. But FKR's come so far in just four months. I can just imagine how well it'll be in let's say, another four months.

LoC: Thank you, and I have to say i'm pretty satisfied with how far things have come so
far. Anyway, how good of a job do you think the staff does at running the place? Also, do
you have any particular favorite threads or sections that stand out to you?

Kat: I think the staff does a great job with running FKR,and I personally love all the "write
works" threads, as it's always fun to read/look at things that the members do themselves.

Fallen Knights Fanzine:

LoC: Now let's ask some Fanzine related questions: First of all, are you already a
reader and what are your thoughts about it if so?

Kat: Yes, I'm already a reader. I've enjoyed most of the articles I've read, but especially the Metallica, Nintendo, Panic At The Disco, and The Dark Knight ones. But anyway I think the Fanzine is doing well, and I would be intrigued to read more of it.

LoC: glad to hear it, and i'm also pleased to see so many contributers working on it
and lot's of content in the works. By the way, are you planning to contribute to the Fanzine at all and if so, what exactly?

Kat: I was thinking of writing a couple of reviews for some restaurants that I've been to. I've been known to write rather well when it comes to restauarant reviews, and I know I can write them well for the fanzine.

Closing Statements:
LoC: anyway, I look forward to seeing any Fanzine contributions you want to make in
the future. Now it's time for some closing statements I guess: first of all, I would like
to thank you again for letting us interview you. Do you have anything to add before we wrap this up?

Kat:Well, I'd just like to say that I honestly do enjoy posting at FKR, and that if anyone wants to talk to me, they can always IM me. I'm always looking for more people to chat with
on AIM/AOL/MSN/whatever. Also, if by chance they want to check out my
website, it's http://www.freewebs.com/plasmic-rhythm/index.htm. It's not
done, but I always like feedback.

LoC: Thank you again for your time, and hopefully we will do an another interview with
you sometime in the future!

No comments: